- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
The Town of Troy Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - April 09, 2018
The Town of Troy is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site and yo... [more...]
The Town of Troy, located on the Ohio River, has many attractions that revolve around the river. The attractions listed below offers views of the beautiful river.
This house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. The lot was purchased in 1841 and is built from local sandstone. The building has been a grocery store/residence/hotel/museum and many other types of establishments. It was remodeled in 1863 after a flue fire. The original owner had a tunnel dug from the cellar to a barn two blocks north into Troy. This served as a link on the Underground Railroad system and many slaves found safe harbor here. The tunnel was filled in the 1960's. The home was completely remodeled after purchased in 1988 by Jim and Joyce (Boerste) Efinger. The three-story home had three coal-burning fireplaces. The house has been known as "Heinzle Family Grocery", "Bauer's", "Nester Hotel", "Old and New Union Hotel", "Riverfront Hotel", and now "Riverplace". It is currently owned by Dan Hayden and Jane Efinger-Hayden.
TROY BOAT DOCK
Troy has public access to the beautiful Ohio River via our ramp/dock. This is one of the nicest and largest access sites in the county with beautiful views and ample parking.
CHRIST OF THE OHIO
In 1956, Dr. and Mrs. N.A. James of Tell City erected a statue of Christ on the highest point in the yard of their summer home at Troy, "Villa Maria", which overlooks the Ohio River. The statue has been named "Christ of the Ohio." It stands 11 ft. 4 in. high on a St. Meinrad sandstone and concrete base. Herbert Jogerst of Germany, who was working at St. Meinrad Archabbey, sculptured the statue of travertine.