- Contact Us
Clerk / Treasurer
The Clerk/Treasurer serves as the secretary and record keeper for the Town Council and is the fiscal officer for the town.
The Clerk/Treasurer's term of office is for four years with no restrictions on the number of terms which can be served.
The Clerk/Treasurer has the responsibility to:
- keep records of council proceedings including the recording of all notes, and preserve all papers relating to its business
- present ordinances, orders, or resolutions to the town council for approval; prepare and keep an ordinance book
- have charge of all documents and books entrusted to him or her by statute or ordinance
- administer oaths, take depositions and serve as a notary when necessary, without charging a fee
- keep the city seal
- receive and care for all town money and disburse monies on the order of the town council
- keep financial accounts
- prescribe payroll
- prescribe the manner in which creditors, officers, and employees shall be paid
- manage the finances and accounts of the town and make investments of town money
- prepare the budget estimates of misc. revenue, financial statements, and the proposed tax rate for the town council
- issue all licenses and collect fees fixed by the ordinance
330 Harrison St.
P.O. Box 57
Troy, IN 47588